In January 2016, Remedy invited Model 3 SNF partners to create a local collaborative. The outcome was the launch of the Connecticut Post Acute Alliance (CPAA) – a network of Remedy Model 3 SNFs invested in improving the efficiency, coordination, and quality of healthcare services delivered throughout an episode of care. The Alliance represents over 90% of the Model 3 SNFs in Connecticut. It is almost three times larger than the largest SNF chain in Connecticut, so it is the best of both worlds - independently owned facilities dedicated to servicing Connecticut patients, and working together to leverage the benefits of being in the BPCI program with Remedy.
This local collaborative of Model 3 SNFs now meets regularly in an effort to share experiences, address common challenges, and create growth opportunities. The specific goals of the CPAA are to:
- Share experiences to improve processes and outcomes.
- Collaborate to make more efficient use of time and resources.
- Educate hospitals, ACOs, and other referral sources on the BPCI Program and the value of using Remedy's Model 3 partners.
- Work together to identify opportunities to streamline patient identification for referring hospitals.
- Collaborate to provide more compelling post acute options for referral sources.
- Create common voice on state and local regulatory issues specific to BPCI and other value based programs.
This collaboration creates a unique strategic advantage for Remedy Model 3 SNFs in local markets. The effort has been replicated in the Ohio market and was a precursor to the SNF Innovation Collaborative held in Orlando on April 7th and 8th.